Free Kid-friendly Music
sorted by approximate proximity to Mountain View
(For one-time events, see summer10.html)
- Mountain View:
- July 4th Fireworks at Shoreline (2000 free tix for 2 MV residents / family: see page 21)
- Mountain View Summer Sounds Thursdays 6:30pm July 8 (Castro Street), 15 (Cuesta Park), 22 (Castro Street), Aug 5 (Castro Street), 12 (Rengstorff Park), 19 (Castro Street). Events on Castro Street coincide with "Thursday Night Live", in which Castro Street is closed to car traffic from 5 to 9pm with family fun, exhibits, and a Farmer's Market.
- MV Library Summer Songs Tuesdays 10:15am June 15 - Aug 3, ages 2 - 5 years, outside in Pioneer park behind Children's services
- Children's Theater, Pioneer Park (MVCPA ParkStage), Rengstorff Park, Cubberly Amphitheatre, Wildwood Park, Fridays at 6:30pm June 25 - Aug 13
- Los Altos:
- Los Altos Summer Concert Series: Thursdays 6:30 - 8:30pm June 24 (Hillview), June 26 (Hillview), July 8 (Grant Park), July 15 (Shoup), July 22 (McKenzie), July 29 (Hillview), Aug 5 (Heritage Oaks), Aug 26 (Hillview). For info see inside front cover of the recreation guide.
- Ye Olde Towne Band Summer Concert Series, Sundays, 1:30-3:30pm Shoup Park, Los Altos, May 30, June 27, July 25, August 29, September 2
- Linden Tree Children's bookstore in Los Altos, Wednesday 10am kids' concerts June 30 - August 11. (Admission = donation of 1 book / family.)
- Downtown movie nights at dusk: Fridays Aug 7 - Aug 28, main street closed to cars between 2nd and 3rd Streets starting at 5pm, movie at 8:30pm
- Palo Alto:
- Santa Cruz:
- Redwood City:
- Music on the Square 6 - 8pm some Fridays at Courthouse Square in Downtown Redwood City, May 14 - Oct 8.
- Los Gatos:
- San Jose:
- Music in the Park in Plaza de Caesar Chavez every Thursday June 3 - Aug 26, 5:30 - 9:30pm